Effective Date: 09/28/2020
- The types of information we collect through our Services;
- How we use and protect that information;
- The types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances;
- The choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices; and
- Details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies.
We also include specific disclosures for residents of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-Defiance Machine websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us
Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Contact and demographic information, such as your name, phone number, email address and contact address, when completing forms or registering to use our Services;
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction on our site;
- Email address information when subscribing to our email newsletters;
- Any information or data you provide when you leave a product review. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services;
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf; and
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties on our behalf. For example, we use a secure payment processor when you engage in a transaction on our site; Defiance Machine does not itself collect or store payment card information.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site;
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including steps taken to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including by understanding our customer base and purchasing trendsand understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and tocomply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
How We Secure Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
Any information collected on the Services is processed, stored, and used by us and our other brands. Additionally, we may share information as follows:
- Service Providers: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf such as: billing and collection providers; auditing and accounting firms; professional services consultants; providers of analytics services; security vendors; and IT vendors.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization: We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. The privacy practices of an acquiring party or merged entity may or may not conform to ours; Defiance Machine would not be responsible for such differens.
- Cross-border Transfer of Data: If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States. The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from the laws of your jurisdiction. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
When you create an account with us, you will receive an email invitation with a link to setup your account page. You can change your contact information and payment method at any time by accessing this page. For assistance on how to set up your account, you can visit this page Click Here
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter, or email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Information for Individuals Located in the EEA, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom
We process “Personal Data,” as that term is defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation, on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; (3) to comply with a legal obligation, if applicable; and (4) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy. Information we collect will be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States.
Users that reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, and the United Kingdom have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
If you are a resident of the EEA, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom you are entitled to certain rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. These rights include the ability:
- To request from us access to information held about you;
- To receive personal data concerning you in a structured, common, and machine-readable format or request transmission of the data to a third party, if the conditions in Article 20 of the GDPR are met;
- To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To ask for data to be erased if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing;
- To request that we restrict our processing if we are processing your data based on our legitimate interests; using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics;
- To object to processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests. We will no longer process the data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for our processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or for the purpose of asserting, exercising, or defending legal claims. You have the right to object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing at any time; and
- If we are processing your personal data based on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time.
To submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Changes to This Policy
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
3881 Montana Highway 40 West
Columbia Falls, MT 59912